Sun-dried Tomato and Pea Dip

7:53 PM




I had forgotten about this recipe until I had to make a somewhat last minute appetizer on Saturday. I was browsing my recipes, looking for something easy, and suddenly I flipped to this page and thought - why haven't I made this in like two years!

This is a great recipe and I'll tell you why:

  • It's healthy
  • There is no dairy or mayo so it can sit out basically all day
  • It can be served cold or at room temperature
  • It takes about 3 minutes to make
  • It is pretty to serve because it is so bright green - looks great on a white serving platter
  • It's cheap
  • It is easy to keep the ingredients on hand - and if you are like me you always have frozen peas and sun-dried tomatoes around.
  • It can be served with crackers, bread or veggies - again, whatever you have on hand.
And if those aren't enough reasons to try it, it's really, really tasty!

SUN-DRIED TOMATO AND PEA DIP RECIPE
(Giada De Laurentiis)

1 lb. frozen peas, thawed
8 oz. sun-dried tomatoes, drained (about 3/4 cup) (I use tomatoes not packed in oil for lower fat and calories)
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Combine the peas, sun-dried tomatoes, and garlic in a food processor. Pulse the machine until the peas and tomatoes are finely chopped. Add the olive oil and pulse until the olive oil is incorporated and the mixture is minced but not yet pureed. Transfer to a small bowl and stir in the salt and pepper.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Fun and different... will make for next camping trip... much better than mayo-based dips.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright Tomatoes & Tequila, K. McNamara. Powered by Blogger.

Like us on Facebook

Blogs

Pages

Flickr Images