Garden of the Gods

1:49 PM


As you may know, the hubby and I live in Colorado - north of Colorado Springs and south of Denver in a very small town called Monument. The hubby is originally from this area but I am a transplant from Northern California which I miss more than words can say.

I find that one way of dealing with a bad case of home-sickness is to get out and appreciate the beautiful and wonderful things of one's new home. In that spirit, the hubby and I headed down to Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs yesterday to enjoy some unseasonably warm weather and gorgeous views.



I have been to Garden of the Gods several times, but wanted to take some pictures this time to share them with all of you. Essentially, Garden of the Gods is an incredible geological site of vibrantly red sandstone that has been pushed up and now sites completely vertical. The park is pretty large and it is difficult to capture the uniqueness of this site as well as the range of rocks in it with photographs - there is no substitute for the real thing. Nonetheless, these photos are my amateur attempt at capturing something truly beautiful and I hope you enjoy them.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Copyright Tomatoes & Tequila, K. McNamara. Powered by Blogger.

Like us on Facebook

Blogs

Pages

Flickr Images