Strawberry Margaritas

8:00 AM


It really is quite strange that I have never shared a margarita recipe on tomatoes & tequila since 1) margaritas are my favorite drink, and 2) the main ingredient in a margarita is tequila, which I have lovingly named this blog after.

The hubby and I made these margaritas for Cinco de Mayo/Kentucky Derby/It was Saturday. Do you even really need a reason for margaritas? These are so good - not too sweet, but richly flavored with strawberries.

A little tip if you make these - the original recipe I used calls for Grand Marnier. However, I recommend the cheaper but equally delicious Patron Citronge. This orange liqueur is just as lovely as the more well known Grand Marnier, but half the price.

The great thing about this recipe is that it is a template for all kinds of margaritas. Just change the fruit that you puree the simple syrup with. I am thinking pineapple and mango next time.

P.S. - I also love the blog I found this recipe on - How Sweet It Is.  Definitely my new favorite food blog.

STRAWBERRY MARGARITA RECIPE
(howsweeteats.com)

makes one margarita

2 ounces Grand Marnier (I used Patron Citronge)
1 1/2 ounces Tequila (I used Patron Silver)
2 ounces lime juice
2 1/2 ounces strawberry simple syrup (see below)
salt + sugar for the rim (optional - I don't like a salted rim so I didn't do this)

Rim the ridge of your glass with a lime wedge and dip in a mix of margarita salt + sugar. Fill the glass with ice. In a cocktail shaker, combine tequila, grand marnier (patron citronge), simple syrup (recipe below) and lime juice with ice, and shake for about 30 seconds. Pour over ice and garnish as desired.

For strawberry simple syrup: combine equal parts sugar and water, bring to a boil and let sugar dissolve, then turn off heat and let cool completely. Combine 1 cup simply syrup + 1 1/2 cups slices strawberries (get creative here and use whatever fruit you feel like) in a blender and blend until combined.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Copyright Tomatoes & Tequila, K. McNamara. Powered by Blogger.

Like us on Facebook

Blogs

Pages

Flickr Images