Sausage, Red Pepper and Potato Galette with Arugula

6:47 PM




I was in California last week. It was a much needed respite from the long Colorado winter that is causing me to verge on melt-down.

I was in Palo Alto, San Francisco, Truckee and my hometown, Auburn. This time of year, my parent's house is nothing short of perfection. The yard is the vibrant green that only spring can bring. The air is saturated with the smell of just blooming flowers. Their back porch is fully equiped with chairs for rocking, a bistro table for a cup of coffee in the morning, and our cute sleeping cat, Henry. Or, as the hubby calls him, Henri (insert french accent here).

Visiting CA was amazing and tough at the same time. I miss it so, so very much and so being there can make me feel sad that it is only a short visit. On the other hand, being home with my parents re-juvinates me in a way that only one's family can do.

And so, as I reminisce about California, I wanted to post this most California dish - Sausage, Red Pepper, and Potato Galette with Arugula. It is fresh and light but comforting and casual all at the same time, the true essence of California cuisine. The flavors compliment one another wonderfully - the peppery arugula balances the sweet peppers, and the savory sausage goes well with the mild potatoes. This dish was a huge winner and I would absolutely make it again, especially when I am feeling home sick.

I do hope you will try this, and you must have it with a lovely glass of California chardonnay.

SAUSAGE, RED PEPPER AND POTATO GALETTE WITH ARUGULA RECIPE
(adapted from Sunset Magazine)

Serves 2-4

1 pre-made. store bought pie crust
1 sausage link of your choice, cooked and sliced into about 1/8 inch slices
1/2 c. grated parmesan cheese, or any strong cheese you like
1/2 lb. Yukon Gold potatoes, boiled and thinly sliced
1/2 c. sliced red bell pepper
2 c. arugula

Pre-heat oven to 425 F. degrees.

Lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray or lay a piece of parchment onto the baking sheet.

Lay out the pie dough on the baking sheet. Leaving a two inch border around the edge, sprinkle the cheese. Lay the sliced potatoes on top of the cheese. Next, layer the sausage on top of the potatoes. Lastly, layer on the sliced bell pepper.

Fold the edges over the filling. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden.

Toss the arugula over the galette and slice to serve. Serve warm.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Copyright Tomatoes & Tequila, K. McNamara. Powered by Blogger.

Like us on Facebook

Blogs

Pages

Flickr Images