Fall and Cappuccino Brownies

4:53 PM


So the hubby and I moved...again. We seem to move a lot. The benefit of which is getting to go through all of your stuff and purge - doesn't purging feel good? I hate stuff, it clutters my life and my brain. The good news is that we are now in Denver and have re-integrated ourselves into modern civilization. In the midst of this moving process I managed to take some photos of fall in Monument, CO and also make a batch of Cappuccino Brownies that my sister sent me the recipe for.


These brownies are obscene. No seriously - they are so decadent I'm not even sure what to make of them. I personally think they would have been perfect without the cream cheese layer - but others loved them and I have had several requests for the recipe, so what do I know? Regardless, they are very pretty and as such are ideal for a crowd pleaser.


In other news, I have found myself in quite the cooking rut and am very much hoping that the change of scenery will insight and new wave of culinary creativity. Tonight I am trying a slow-cooker chicken in a Thai peanut sauce - fancy, no? If it turns out well and you all (yes, you) behave yourselves I might share it with you.

CAPPUCCINO BROWNIES RECIPE
(tasteofhome.com)

8oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
3/4 c. butter, cut up
2 tbs. instant coffee granules
1 tbs. hot water
4 eggs
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 c. all purpose-flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. chopped walnuts

Topping:
1 pkg. (8oz.) cream cheese, softened
6 tbs. butter, softened
1 1/2 c. confectioners' sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Glaze:
4 tsp. instant coffee granules
1 tbs. hot water
5oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
2 tbs. butter
1/2 c. heavy whipping cream

In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Dissolve coffee granules in hot water. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Stir in vanilla, chocolate mixture and coffee mixture. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture until blended. Fold in walnuts.

Transfer to a greased and floured 13-in. x 9-in. baking ban. Bake at 350 F. degrees for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.

For topping, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until blended. Add confectioners' sugar, cinnamon and vanilla; beat on low speed until combined. Spread over bars. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.

For glaze, dissolve coffee granules in hot water. In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; cool slightly. Stir in cream and coffee mixture. Spread over cream cheese layer. Let stand until set. Cover and freeze for up to 3 months.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Copyright Tomatoes & Tequila, K. McNamara. Powered by Blogger.

Like us on Facebook

Blogs

Pages

Flickr Images