Pear & Prosciutto Pizza

6:26 PM


As you know, I am always on the hunt for exceptionally delicious yet quick and nutritious meals. As you also know, this can be a tall order. So when I find things that knock my socks off, I simply must share them. This pizza - with some small adjustments for time - is totally amazing. The hubby ate 3/4 of the pizza in one sitting - he was very proud of himself. The original recipe from Cooking Light calls for making your own whole wheat pizza dough. Rather than doing that, I used a pre-made pizza crust which you can buy either in a plain or whole wheat variety. Cutting out this step made this recipe really fast (about 15 minutes total) and required almost no actual cooking. The most I did was cut up a pear and measure out my ingredients. I strongly recommend that this pizza be made while pears are in season. Pears can be very fickle and rather awful when not in season. So, just wait! Wait for the good stuff and you will thank me!

PEAR & PROSCIUTTO PIZZA
(adapted from Cooking Light)

1 1/2 c. (6 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
4 c. fresh mâche or baby spinach (I used mixed baby greens since they were on sale - use whatever you like)
2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme (I used dried since it is what i had on hand)
2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
3 oz. very thinly sliced prosciutto, chopped
2 ripe Starkrimson or red Bartlett pears, cored and thinly sliced (I found that one large pear was enough)
Preheat oven to 450°.

Place dough on baking sheet and sprinkle evenly with cheese. Bake at 425° for 12 minutes or until crust is crisp and golden and cheese is melted. Combine remaining 2 teaspoons oil, mâche, and the remaining ingredients, except the prosciutto; toss to combine. Arrange salad over crust. Arrange prosciutto on top.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Copyright Tomatoes & Tequila, K. McNamara. Powered by Blogger.

Like us on Facebook

Blogs

Pages

Flickr Images