Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats

7:42 PM


Don't these sound ridiculous? Cake Batter Rice Crispy Treats!? When I saw this recipe it was one of those perfect moments where the heavens align and suddenly feel like everything is right in the world.

And the verdict? Pretty good. I know.... you were hoping for, "mind blowing!" Sorry. They needed more cake batter - it was so subtle that you had to know it was there to detect the flavor. Nonetheless, I would try these again with more cake batter. The M&Ms were my addition. Did you know plain M&Ms are my favorite candy? One year for my birthday when I was about 13 a friend of mine got me a 5lb. bag of them and I ate the whole thing (with some help) over the next couple months and still wasn't sick of them. But that's neither here nor there.

CAKE BATTER RICE KRISPIE TREATS RECIPE
(howsweeteats.com)

3 tbl. butter
1 10 oz. bag of mini marshmallows
1/4 c. yellow cake mix
6 c. rice krispies cereal
1 1.75 oz. container of sprinkles (I didn't have any sprinkles so I just topped them with M&Ms)

Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat and add marshmallows. Stir until they begin to melt, adding in cake mix one spoonful at a time so its combined. Stir in cereal so it is completely coated with marshmallow mixture. Sprinkle in half of the sprinkles and mix. Press into a baking dish [coated with non-stick spray or butter] (any size will do) and top with remaining sprinkles (or M&Ms). Let sit for about 30 minutes before cutting.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Copyright Tomatoes & Tequila, K. McNamara. Powered by Blogger.

Like us on Facebook

Blogs

Pages

Flickr Images