BBQ Chicken Pizza

6:50 PM


Remember when BBQ Chicken Pizza at California Pizza Kitchen was really popular? Well, this is my version and it's super healthy, super fast, and super yummy - definitely meets all of my requirements for a great mid-week dinner. This pizza features tons of chicken, tangy bbq sauce, plump black beans, a bit of cheese (not too much!), fresh cilantro and red onions.

In other news, I just got Martha Stewart's Dinner At Home from Amazon for $1.99 - god bless the internet! I had test run this cookbook a couple of times by checking it out from the library and was very impressed for a few reasons. First, everything I tried from this book was awesome. Second, the book is organized by season and I am a big fan of seasonal eating. It just makes things easier when you start with great produce. Lastly, it lays out menus within each season. This is enormously helpful for someone like myself who is sort of menu challenged. I tend to lean towards one pot dishes so when it comes to planning a whole menu, the options just get too big and I get overwhelmed. This way it is so easy. The menus are definitely not geared toward week nights but much more towards Sunday night dinners. So, I am happy to say that it is officially my new favorite cookbook.

BBQ CHICKEN PIZZA RECIPE
1/2 lb. rotisserie chicken
1/2 c. barbecue sauce
16 oz. pizza crust, pre-baked (I use thin crust Bobili)
1 1/2 c. shredded reduced-fat Mexican blend cheese
7 1/2 oz. canned black beans, rinsed (try to get low sodium)
1 small red onion, chopped
1 tbl. cilantro

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Shred the chicken and combine with half of the barbecue sauce, toss until chicken is coated.

Place the pizza crust on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with 3/4 c. of the cheese. Arrange the chicken and black beans over the pizza, then sprinkle with onion and cilantro. Drizzle with remaining barbecue sauce and then add remaining 3/4 c. cheese.

Bake until cheese is bubbly.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Copyright Tomatoes & Tequila, K. McNamara. Powered by Blogger.

Like us on Facebook

Blogs

Pages

Flickr Images