Bistro Burgers with Brie and Arugula

6:22 PM


OMG, I'm awesome. I literally think this is the best thing I have ever made and I really want YOU to make it too. I'm not kidding. While eating this I was feeling very proud of myself. Except, I don't really have a recipe for it. Sorry. I'll try to recollect how I made this. These burgers feature ground chuck cooked to perfection and topped with gooey brie, sweet shallots, peppery arugula, and sharp Dijon mustard. The flavors are exceptionally complimentary - you will truly love this burger.

BISTRO BURGERS WITH BRIE AND ARUGULA RECIPE

1 large shallot
1 tbl. olive oil
1/2 lb. ground chuck, 85% lean
1/4 tsp. each dried oregano and rosemary
Dash of beef bouillon
1 tbl. Panko
Brie (as much or as little as you like to go on top of your burger)
Dijon mustard
Arugula
2 Whole wheat hamburger buns

Thinly slice the shallot and saute over low heat in olive oil until caramelized, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat when done and set to the side.

While shallot is cooking, mix beef with oregano, rosemary, bouillon, Panko and add as much salt and pepper as you like. I find that many home cooks do not properly season their beef. Don't be afraid of seasoning with salt and pepper, you would be surprised how much beef needs. I would say about a 1/4 teaspoon each. Form beef into two patties, about 1/4 inch thick.
Cut rind off Brie and cut into 1 inch chunks. Set aside.

Heat a pan over medium high heat, coat with cooking spray. When pan is good and hot, add patties. Don't touch it! Don't press it down! Set it in the pan and walk away!!! Let it cook about 4 minutes and flip. Immediately add the chunks of brie, cover with a lid so the brie melts. When finished, remove from pan and let rest for a few minutes.

Spread Dijon on to toasted buns. Place a small handful of arugula on bun. Add hamburger patty. Top with shallots.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Copyright Tomatoes & Tequila, K. McNamara. Powered by Blogger.

Like us on Facebook

Blogs

Pages

Flickr Images