Zucchini Saute with Almonds

6:59 AM

 

Hi friends! No, I am not dead - I am alive and here and happy....just haven't had any time to post! September was CRAZY. Let me list for you all the things that went on in September between the hubby and I:
  1. 3 trips to California - one of them we drove out and back
  2. 2 weddings
  3. 2 rehearsal dinners
  4. My sisters 30th B-day
  5. 2 bachelor parties
  6. 1 cousin visiting from New Zealand
Isn't that nuts!?

So anyway - here I am, back and ready to get cooking. Except that what I have to share with you today isn't even my own! My friend Katie and her hubby came over last weekend for dinner and she made this amazing side dish so I decided it needed to be shared with everyone. It's from SmittenKitchen, which of course we all love.

Enjoy!

ZUCCHINI SAUTE WITH ALMONDS RECIPE
(SmittenKitchen, Originally Inspired by the Red Cat, NYC)

2 tbl. olive oil
2 tbl. thinly sliced almonds
1 to 2 small zucchini, cut into 1/8-inch matchsticks with a knife or julienne blade on a mandoline
Salt and freshly ground pepper
Few ounces pecorino Romano or paremsan, in thin slices — a peeler works great for this (you can just grate this too)

Heat the oil on high in a large skillet. When it is hot but not smoking, add the almonds to the pan. Cook them, while stirring, until the almonds are golden-brown, approximately a minute or two.
Add the zucchini to the pan, tossing it with the oil and almonds until it just begins to glisten, about one minute. The idea is not to cook the zucchini so much as warm it.
Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately, with or without cheese on top.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Copyright Tomatoes & Tequila, K. McNamara. Powered by Blogger.

Like us on Facebook

Blogs

Pages

Flickr Images