Crack Brownies

6:56 PM


So these are actually called "Better-Than-Crack Brownies" per the blog I found them on (my favorite!:How Sweet It Is), but that got to be too much to say so I just shortened the title to Crack Brownies.

These make me feel uber-American. They make me want to say "America" with a George W. Bush accent and then go do something American like, eat McDonald's or be really loud and obnoxious in public, or wear socks with my sandals (preferably Tevas, while sporting a neon fanny pack).

Why do these make me feel uber-American, you must be asking. Because they are over the top, ooey-gooey, gluttonous, peanut-buttery chocolatey richness. They are big and bold and all together just a little too much. So obviously I made these for the Super Bowl a few weeks ago. Sorry it took me so long to share them.

CRACK BROWNIES
(how sweet it is)

1 batch brownies (boxed mix)
1/2 cup salted peanuts (if don’t have salted, add sea salt)
1 cup chopped Reese’s peanut butter cups
1 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 tablespoon butter
1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies Cereal

Mix brownies according to directions, and bake for 20-25 minutes in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Remove and top with peanuts and peanut butter cups, and bake for 4-6 minutes more.

While they are finishing baking, melt chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter. Stir in cereal. Remove brownies from oven and evenly pour chocolate mixture over top.

Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Copyright Tomatoes & Tequila, K. McNamara. Powered by Blogger.

Like us on Facebook

Blogs

Pages

Flickr Images